Monday, July 09, 2007

Here I am!

SO. Here it is. The necessary leap to tap tap tap at the keys again. (insert sped up Michael Jackson track) walk walk, hop turns, head crack split leap and cooter smash!!


A few key things have got me contemplating a little deeper than usual and I didn't want them to go undocumented. Because of course, let's face it, it's all about me. In fact, let me quote my 1st entry for reference: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - "Okay so, this is my official online space. me Me ME! ... so basically anyone can visit and get to know pretty much exactly what's going on with me"

What HAS been going on with me anyway?

February - Hugs and love! Jason walked half way down Bloor to meet me on my walk home (yes i continued to walk home in the freezing cold from work, ignoring the lessons learnt in my last post) for a very snowy Valentine's Day. We ate panzerotti (nostalgia of my UofT days) and watched our wedding video with cheesecake on our laps. There are some pics below from our cousin Claudia's Wedding/Twins Baptism on the 24th; super fun. Then, serious time - I actually did give up chocolate for Lent... nothing else worth reporting (obviously).

March - More than half-way through our newlywed year of bliss... Jason and I continued our little game of pretending to be movie stars and spent a small fortune on an all-inclusive vacation to St. Lucia. http://www.windjammer-landing.com/. Somewhere in here were a few Leafs games, regular TV show watching (24, Grey's, House, Heroes, Friday Night Lights and American Idol) and some work parties (accompanied by the best date ever - big bro').

April - Easter and my birthday brought the best things I could ask for: sissy coming home, chocolate, a live show (We Will Rock You), a new bike (which I ride to work and back everyday a la Mary Poppins), dinner at an excellent tapas restaurant in Kensington (http://www.toronto.com/restaurants/listing/000-365-537). We closed out the month with a drive to Montreal for anthony with an A and justin with a J's birthday party.

May - A surprise birthday party for my big brother's 30th, a visit to Kentucky for the May 2-4 long weekend, our 12th anniversary (damn skippy i'm still counting those), and all around lovely weather. Come to think of it, I actually remember spending most of it outside! We started going to the park after work, in place of our evening walks* in the n'hood**, to play catch. Yes, real catch. With gloves and a softball and everything! Jason even challenges me by throwing a few grounders and fly balls to keep me on my toes.

*said evening walks had been fueled mostly by a few letters we received during the spring from our condo corp. 3 construction delays and 1 official union strike now has us UNofficially moving into our place OCTOBER 2007. So we were on a mission to find a house - you know, one of those "smart" things to do, to get out of paying rent. Today's July 13 - no house and no condo. C'est la vie.

**our n'hood is so diverse. each time we turn on to a new street we are surprised to find unique people, houses, corner stores - one day i want to create a photo scrap book with the little quirks of city life that pop out for me - i could fill it in a heartbeat. On Victoria Day, we walked into the best street party ever. the kind you see on classic episodes of The Wonder Years where everyone brings a potluck contribution (potato salad and the like), games are played and fireworks go off. another special time was on the eve of the summer solstice in June. i was strolling along with a friend and heard distant drumming. heading towards it we find a huge indian tribe doing some sort of rain dance in Christie Pits. i bet if i had a little doggy to walk, i'd be able to write regular posts on my n'hood adventures (wink, wink - nudge, nudge Jason) though i can't really complain, i've got some pretty good material from my bike rides. (sorry - i'll have to do a separate post for that topic)

June - Month of Milestones. Each day we must have said "this time last year" at least once. CDC recital was certainly one of the best yet. Father's Day was great fun swimming at the in-laws. and then it was upon us... our 1st anniversary! We again over-indulged with a weekend trip here http://www.benmiller.on.ca/. I won't bore you with the details but will say that after officially reaching the year mark, my heart has settled into a peaceful joy I now know only the sacred union of marriage instills.

July - Started off with a BANG! (pun-intended) Santos family cottage for the first half of the Canada Day weekend, then went to the U-20 FIFA World Cup and fireworks at Ontario Place. After one day back in the office from a long weekend, I promptly booked a flight to Myrtle Beach for the Showstopper National Finals! http://www.showstopperonline.com/national_finals/ lol apparently, the Hollywood lifestyle continues... and finally, this brings us "back to the top" of the post... 5,6,7,8 AND! walk, walk,... OKAY! i won't do it again... hahaha! all this to try and describe how much i love that dance is and always will be part of who i am. it has brought me the best things in life; friends/family, music, confidence (like i could possibly exude more of it), sharing, learning, teaching, doing...

"Please send me your last pair of shoes, worn out with dancing as you mentioned in your letter, so that I might have something to press against my heart." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hugs and Love,
Angela

p.s. Congratulations CDC - 2007 Senior and Mini Champions - the top honour among dozens of others awarded to them last week.

1 comment:

E. Bryce said...

...and your back! Pleasantly surprised when I checked your blog to see that you had an excellent entry! Can't wait to all meet up! x